What is Enlightenment?
At the core of all religions and spirituality, there is an experience of the sacred beyond ordinary human ken. It is often called awakening or enlightenment in the East, and salvation or redemption in the West. Achieving this state of being is the goal of all systems of spirituality and religion. It is an awakening from the illusion of only being human to recover your consciousness of Who You Really Are: an spiritual being, part of and always connected to the One Infinite Being, Source of all that is. It is a continual experience, of self as an immortal spirit, and individualization of the One Infinite Creator Being from which all that exists comes. It includes recovery of your innate perception of and communication with the One of whom you are always a part.
To fully understand enlightenment, we must first understand its context, the fundamentals of all existence, the cosmology of true spirituality:
The only thing that really exists is a single, infinite, Being of Aware Will, the One. This BEing has 13 Primordial Characteristics; Oneness, Infinity, Light, Consciousness, Wisdom, Will (Power), Perfection, Beauty, Magnificence, Love, Truth, Peace, and Joy. She has many human names: Brahma, Tao, Creator, God, Yahweh, Allah, etc
This Being manifests out of its own energy substance, out of its own Essence, out of Love, everything that exists: the Creation, the Cosmos. She is both Creator and the Creation. She is the Essence of all that is.
The purpose of the Creation is experience, every kind of experience possible. The Creation is Essence expressing, exploring, and experiencing Herself in all Her infinite possibilities of being. The creation is the playground, the Disneyland, the cosmic movie theater of God. The creation is an illusion (maya), the ultimate and only Truth is Essence. Essence individualizes part of Herself into limited beings, spirits, and these incarnate into the Creation to play, adventure, and enjoy.
We are each one of those individualizations of Essence, of the One. We are an immortal spirit, a particle of the One Infinite Being, a “chip off the old block”. Our separated individuality is an illusion; we are always the One; there is nothing else we can be. We are all the One pretending to be the Many to have others to play with and against, and above all, others to love (otherwise, we would only know self-love).
We are currently incarnating in the creation to explore the Human Experience, to play the Human Adventure Game. (The Human Experience is the exploration of all that we are not in Essence; the exploration of negative energy, obstacles, struggle and effort.) To fully live the Human Experience, to immerse ourselves in the role of human being, to take life seriously and dramatically; we must truly experience ourselves as only a human being. We must not-know Who We Really Are (immortal spirits, particles of the One Essence). We must block out the 13 Characteristics. We do this by creating a shell of negative energy around our consciousness that blocks out Essence and generates for us the illusion of a human identity. (The exact mechanics of this shell, how it works and how to free yourself of it, are well know, but beyond our scope here.) The shell is part of the Creation and therefore an illusion; in Truth, we never cease to be Who We Really Are.
How to Achieve Enlightenment
We can awaken from the illusion that we are only a human being. We can do this by discreating the shell of energy that limits our consciousness to that of human and generates for us the illusion of the Creation, of being human. Essentiality is a system, a technology for this discreation. This restores our awareness of self as an immortal spirit, and restores our perception and communication with Essence, with the One. When we are permanently awake such that we do not fall back into our human identity illusion, we are “enlightened”.
Essentiality is a new science of spirituality backed by a precision technology that produces enlightenment in only five years of effort.
Misconceptions about enlightenment and achieving it:
- 1. Enlightenment is difficult, almost impossible to achieve for the average person. Truth: Enlightenment is neither hard nor easy; it is like climbing a mountain: you do so one step at a time. It requires constant effort for the 5 years it takes, but the Essentiality School of Accelerated Enlightenment guides you step-by-step, week by week, in all that you must do. “How do you eat an elephant?” Answer: “One bite at a time”.
- 2. Enlightenment is something special and reserved for a few. Truth: Not at all. We are all equal beings and all divinely capable of enlightenment. Furthermore, ALL human beings will enlighten eventually in some lifetime; no immortal spirit (you are one) comes to Earth for all eternity.
- 3. You have to renounce the world (job, family, etc.) and dedicate your life to your spirituality. Truth: You can continue with your normal human life and achieve enlightenment in only 5 years working on yourself about 2 hours per day. (Obviously, you will need to prioritize your activities and be more efficient with your use of time. )
- 4. You must put on special robes, let your hair or beard grow, use special talismans or symbols or ceremonies to enlighten. Truth: Enlightenment is a spiritual state; nothing in the physical universe affects or can produce it. Of course, you do need to take care of your body to maintain good health and high energy.
- 5. You have to renounce sex (and other pleasures of the world). Truth: On the contrary, you can and should have an abundant sex life as one of the expressions of love and beauty (which are characteristics of Essence). However, you must not lose yourself in lust or in the external quest for sense pleasures.
- 6. You have to meditate many hours every day. Truth: You do need to develop control of your mind and your attention. However, you can begin with as little as 20 mins per day and work up to one hour per day over 3 years. Enlightenment in the Essentiality system does not require more.
- 7. You can achieve enlightenment by yourself; you do not need a school or a teacher. Enlightenment is hard enough to achieve when you do have a really good school or teacher. With a bad one or by yourself, it is almost impossible; you simply do not know all that is necessary. True Spirituality is complicated and vast. And there are some things that require external guidance because you will not be able to see them in yourself. One example of this is negative ego. Negative ego blinds us to our negative ego. Those who have achieved enlightenment apparently without a teacher (such as Jesus and Buddha) had incorporal guides (as did Mycal).
- 8. Highly spiritual people and enlightened beings have little personality and little sense of humor. Truth: On the contrary, such beings have re-created their personality to be however they choose to be. They are no longer the product of their upbringing, education and past history as is the ordinary human being. Most of them are joyous and happy all the time.
- 9. Once enlightened, you have mystical perceptions and powers. Truth: An enlightened being (4th Level of Consciousness) does have more power of manifestation than an ordinary human being. And they are more perceptive of the thoughts and feelings of others. However, full power over the physical universe you do not have until you achieve the 5th level: total Self-Realization in which you are fully Essence again.
- 10. Once enlightened your life is free of negative events. Truth: Life will continue to unfold however it does with positive and negative events. What does change is that you no longer suffer because you see the perfection of it all and do not resist what is as it is.